Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Real life doesn't fit into tiny boxes that are drawn for it." -M. Night Shyamalan, Unbreakable


I struggle with this concept.

For instance, this morning I was very angry at a driver that was following me very closely, and who honked when I chose not to turn right at a red light. I wanted to get out of my car and walk over to his and tell him all the ways he was clearly wrong.

He was not considering the circumstances that led me to my actions. We all tend to see that in others. I was not considering his. We all tend to overlook that in ourselves.

So many things frustrate me that don't go the way they should. The way I think they should. I'm looking for life to fit into the tiny boxes I have drawn in my mind: those I was taught to draw, and those I decided needed to be drawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment