Sunday, November 21, 2010

Update Sunday

I've been putting off updating my phone, because to do so I need to update my computer, and the two together take three to six hours. Not my idea of a good time. C'est la vie.

Today I decide to do it, mostly because if I'm doing this very important thing, I can continue ignoring the ridiculous pile of laundry in my bed room.

So, I hook up the WiFi (easy). I turn on my... crap, did I leave that in the car? Yes, of course I did. [Sigh] Well, if I'm going out to get it, I might as well take the trash out, and bring in the boxes which have been sitting in my car for two weeks.

[Half hour later] Please, tell me I did not leave it in the car again?! Well, I was going to take a spin around the mall, anyway. I'll just bring it up when I get back.

[Three hours later] Seriously?! Can I have still left it in the... for the love... [grumble]

Finally. Man, I'm hungry now. I guess I'll reheat lunch quick.

[Half hour later] OK, waiting for it to boot up. I'll flip on the XBox and finish that movie I was watching... What do you mean the XBox needs an update? Fine, fine, better get that out of the way so I can do the other thing.

Bah, that's taking a long time. Oh, that reminds me I wanted to figure out how to stream my iTunes to my XBox. I'm pretty sure there's a way. Oh, and there was that blog article I wanted to post. [Two hours later] How long is this going to take? This is not the update I was looking for.

It's still going. I could be gazing mindlessly at a movie right now. Bah.

No comments:

Post a Comment